Friday, May 15, 2009

A Change Will Do You Good

First off, sorry for quoting Sheryl Crow. I was trying to find a pithy way of conveying that I'm changing things up. If you are offended by my song choice, feel free to close your browser. :p

Yes, I'm changing things up. What this means is that after 6 years in my apartment, I am moving. Yes, moving! Wait, holy shit, I'm moving. This means I have to pack, and clean out those hidden areas in my apartment I conveniently ignore. Yes, I'm talking about you, spare bedroom.

About a week ago, I decided to downsize to a one-bedroom place on the north side of town (or as my boss calls it, the classy part of town). Not only will I save in rent, I'll be closer to work, colleagues, and friends. While I don't look forward to the process of packing up all my stuff, I am looking forward to the move. It's long past due, and I could really use a change of pace.

As I begin the process of packing up all my stuff (when did I get so much STUFF?), someone seems to be concerned that she'll be left behind. Good thing she found a box just her size.

I'll try to blog more in between packing (blogging is evidently a great procrastination tool), but in case I get particularly motivated, I'll see you from the classy side of town!

No comments: