Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pippin the Guard Kitty

Oops, you know you have been remiss in your blog postings when your own mother complains about the lack of new blog posts. I apologize to my faithful readers (all 12 of you), and provide my only feeble excuse of being busy. To make up for my lack of posting, I will offer you this Pippin story.

This weekend, my friend V visited from California. V is a cat person, which may have been the biggest strike against her, because Pippin did not approve from the beginning. When V arrived, she was tired from her travels, and opted to take a nap while I ran some errands. While I was gone, Pippin evidently sniffed at V a lot, and tried to nudge her off the couch. Not the most hospitable move on her part, but V was able to roll over and continue her nap.

Later that evening, V was sitting in my awesome over-sized living room chair (seriously, this thing sucks you in!), and Pippin displayed her disapproval of someone sitting in her "mom's" chair by hissing at V. Definitely not the signs of a good host kitty.

The next day, Pippin's opinion of V didn't seem to improve, because she continued to hiss at V when she sat in my chair. V decided to play along by hissing back, and this hissing match would have continued awhile had I not intervened.

By the end of the weekend, Pippin and V seemed to agree to keep each other at a safe distance. Every now and then Pippin would appear to give V the evil eye, but generally opted to ignore her presence. This seemed to work for both of them.

So, I extend a warm invitation to all to come and visit, but don't expect Pippin the Guard Kitty to like you very much.

No comments: