Monday, January 19, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Remember how I was talking about learning more from challenges than successes? Well, another example of this is embedded throughout the movie Slumdog Millionaire.

If you haven't heard of this movie, it's basically about a young man who grew up in the slums of Mumbai, India, and overcame great obstacles to go on the Indian version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." As the film begins, you see the lead character, Jamal, about to win big on the show. You wonder how someone with so little can know so much, and then you begin to see just how he knows the answers.

I went and saw this movie yesterday with a friend, and it was perfect timing for me. There's nothing like gaining a little perspective on life (and how much I have to be grateful for) to help me see that my problems are minimal compared to the problems of others.

So please, if you don't see any other movie this year, I urge you to go see "Slumdog Millionaire". This movie was beautifully filmed, and will inspire you to be a better person.

No comments: