Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It Must Be Fall

It's getting colder outside, the leaves are changing color, the students are back, and I'm sick. Well, it's either that or I'm allergic to college students. If that's the case, I need to seek out a new profession.

Yup, I have a cold. Literally everyone around me at work is sick, so I guess it was inevitable. Still, I'm a little pissed that my body was so weak. Yeah, I've been working a lot, and have been around these people 24/7, but come on! Did I really have to get sick? Since when am I a follower? HMPH.

As soon as my coworkers started dropping like flies, I started taking Airborne and Zicam. If you don't know me, when I perceive an imminent threat (like a cold), I go into immediate overdrive to eliminate the threat. On Monday, when it was pretty clear I was starting to lose my battle with myself (ooh, that's awkward), I started drinking TONS of water. We're talking about so much water that I could have literally drowned in myself (again, awkward).

Today I took a sick day. I figured it made no sense to go in and get even worse or share with the few remaining people who have evaded this illness. Given that I will be traveling to a conference for work on Saturday, I need to get over this illness STAT so I can fully enjoy the conference.

Who knows though, maybe I really am allergic to the students.

No comments: