Sunday, July 13, 2008

Random Musings with Friends

Last night was one of those nights where I was on the phone with a couple of friends for the whole evening. I'm not talking an hour or so, I'm talking four hours and change. Now, I'm not usually one for talking on the phone to friends. This is partially due to being a visual person (I play off the non-verbal queues of others, so I prefer talking in person), the fact that I am constantly on the phone at work and feel the need to banish all phones when at home, and that my family has never been big on talking on the phone.

Why was I on the phone so long? Well, for many reasons. First being, I was watching the movie Stop-Loss with some friends, and we don't live in the same state. By the way, I do recommend the movie, but I caution you that it will make you think ill (or worse) of our current government.

Another reason I was on the phone so long was that it was ridiculously hot last night (and today, grrr), and I knew sleep would not come easily. How better to spend my time than by talking to some really great friends about everything and nothing?

Mostly, I was on the phone last night so long, because I could. I wanted to see the movie, and I wanted to talk to my friends, so I did. It's really nice to know that I have such great friends out there - wherever they may be - that I can talk to about anything. That's true friendship.

No comments: