Thursday, March 13, 2008

When it rains...

You know what they say, when it rains it pours? Well, let me share a story with you: I was laying on the couch earlier trying to rest due to the fact that I was overcome with a wave of dizziness related to my fever. I was resting peacefully when Pippin, my cat, decided to come over and see what I was doing. Well, while walking along the back of the couch, Pippin knocked a picture off the wall and scared the shit out of herself! In her scared state, she jumped down on top of my face, leaving two lovely scratch marks in her wake.

So, in addition to having an Upper Respiratory Infection, a fever, a cough that won't go away, a constant headache, and dizzy spells, I also have two attractive scratch marks on my face. Story of my life people.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Kathryn dear, you KNOW that cats are great about entertaining themselves - with or without a human's involvement!!!

Sorry that she scratched you. I'm sure that she's sorry too - wait, perhaps not. She probably thinks that it's your fault for: a) being where she jumped after scaring herself; and b) for not ensuring that the picture COULD NOT fall!! After all, it MUST be your fault; it can't be hers, now can it?

Sending you cyberchocolate to sooth you and soothing healing cream for your scratches!!