Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008: A Reflection on a Year Gone By

As we welcome in the new possibilities of 2009, I want to take a moment to reflect on some of the significant events in my life during 2008:
  • Reconnected with family in Maryland I hadn't seen in over a decade.
  • Saw the election of our first African American President.
  • Elected a President I trust.
  • Learned the joys of Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
  • Forged stronger friendships with people who truly care about me.
  • Reminded myself that family is valuable, even if they are imperfect.
  • Remained gainfully employed in a profession I love, working with amazing people.
  • Became a Mac user.
  • Survived a week in Texas.
  • Met a personal hero.
  • Watched a country I love host an amazing summer Olympics.
  • Started this blog.
Certainly there were more things that impacted the 365 days (and one second) of 2008 that have come to pass, but the ones listed above helped shape me to become the person I will be in 2009. I think it's important to pause and reflect before leaping into what is next in life. This is how we learn and improve.

So tell me, what is on your list from 2008?

No comments: