Saturday, November 29, 2008

Losing Sucks, but it's How You Handle it that Matters

The reason I'm blogging is to vent the Beavers losing to the Ducks. How in the HELL did we lost that game? Where the frak was our defense? GAH!!! We had the chance to go to the Rose Bowl for the first time in over 40 years, and it's GONE! How do you get over that?

I guess what you do is figure out what went wrong, and move past it. I think Sammy Stroughter showed us exactly what we need to do in an inspiring display of sportsmanship. When you are losing big time, and get tackled on your way to making a touchdown, you have two choices: 1. shove the guy who tackled you, or 2. help the guy who tackled you get back on his feet. Sammy chose to help the guy who knocked him down, and I think he is an inspiration to us all. When life gets you down, you shouldn't let it defeat you. Doing good things for others, when you don't have to shows true character.

So, losing sucks, but I really do have to congratulate the University of Oregon on playing a fantastic game.

Oh, and I really have to hold on to hope that UCLA beats USC next week so we have a shot at the Rose Bowl. It could happen people!

No comments: